Monday, August 22, 2011

Yes, I Miss My Crazed Commie Pinko City Trash Removal

Do you know what happens when you live in a city that doesn't have city garbage pick-up and everybody has to hire their own garbage pick-up, individually?

You get garbage trucks rolling past your house at 6AM making hydraulic, metallic crushing noises EVERY MORNING, Monday Through Friday instead of just one day per week.

It's annoying. When I lived in Roosevelt Park, they had city trash removal. That was nice. Now...I get loud, crushing sounds and diesel engines every morning.

I really enjoyed my high school and college economics courses. One thing I learned a lot about: "Economies of Scale"

Sometimes it's a TON more efficient and affordable to chip in as a community and have a service taken care of at a larger scale. I'm going to go ahead and lump garbage pickup in that category.

No comments: