Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cherries (and olives) have pits

My whole life my father has told me this from time to time:

"Son...Cherries have pits. Chew pie slowly."

Probably something Representative Dennis Kicinich should have been told growing up, considering he's suing a congressional cafe over a sandwich that contained an olive with a pit. Maybe if he was broke and didn't have full tax funded dental insurance, maybe, MAYBE I'd be sympathetic to his plight. But he isn't and he does.

In Michigan, the law goes something like this "cherries should be assumed to have pits." I can only imagine the same goes for olives.

What sort of thing is this lawsuit going to do? It's not going create a scenario where the occasional olive with a pit isn't going to make it into a sandwich.

No comments: