Friday, September 30, 2011

Fiberglass Maul Handle: Replaced. Victory is Mine.

Okay. I replaced my fiberglass maul handle this evening. It was pretty simple.

I used a thin bladed hacksaw to cut the broken fiberglass handle off just below the maul. Then I used a hammer and a chisel to push the epoxy and the rest of the fiberglass out of the eye. I had to chisel around the inside a bit to remove stuck pieces of epoxy and plastic.

But that was pretty much all there was to it. It took no more than 10 minutes.

I liked my fiberglass handle so much I got a new one, and besides a fiberglass handle is just $1 more than a wooden one. I can't wait for the new epoxy to set so I can start working my way through the piles of wood in our yard again.

It's getting cold at night, so we're firing up the wood burning fireplace insert again. I'm sitting in front of the fireplace right now. My three year old has positioned large plastic animals on the coffee table so they can watch the flickering orange flame.

No comments: