Monday, July 18, 2011

Can't Sleep, Too Hot

Can't sleep.

Too hot

My pillow is soaked from my own sweat. Everything feels sticky. The cooler night air is just barely taking the edge off the heat built up in the house during the day.

I'm not going to bother mentioning actual temperatures because if I did you'd say something like "you weenie" or "yarh! You call that hot?!?"

Yes. Yes I do. I call it hot. I'm a Northern boy on purpose. Let's just say I'm not looking down the barrel of 110 degree and humid Iowa in the summertime hot. But I am looking at get-out-of-bed-at-2-AM-to-sit-directly-in--front-of-a-fan hot.

No...we don't have AC. "I'm in Michigan, we so rarely need AC"...I say to myself, every July and August.

If it wasn't 2 AM I'd like to be sitting in Lake Michigan right now dropping my body temperature by a couple dozen degrees.

And if I may allow myself one more gripe...my tomatoes aren't even ripe yet. If I'm supposed to go through a heat wave I at least expect to harvest some veggies from it.

No comments: